Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Welcome to the Vaults of Mars...

Being a Warhammer 40000 player for almost two decades now, I've always favored the fluffy* approach over the competitive one. I must admit I rarely, if ever, attend any tournament.
In fact, I mostly play with a small group of friends who, like me, prefer to play in campaigns rather than stand-alone games. Well, I also do a lot of playtest games, since for the campaigns I keep creating new units, scenarii and/or Codices...

Those friends say I usually create balanced, funny and fluffy rules. But they don't realize how much work it requires. And here's the reason for this blog: I thought it was time for me to share some of those creations and not let all this work go to waste.

All the house rules, scenarii and new units I intend to post here will be of one of two types: either of the "WiP" type, in which case I hope your feedback will help me to make them better; or of the already playtested kind, in which case I hope you'll find a use for them in your game.

Well, that'll be all for today, see you soon for the first real entry! ;)

/Nash

[* - If you want to take a peek at (some of) the fluff I've written, you can take a look at my other blog "Chroniques du Secteur Avéroïn" (http://averoin-sector.blogspot.com/)... Being able to read French is mandatory though ;) ]

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have a pretty awesome gaming group! You don't want to move the Dallas, Texas area do you, I could use someone fun to play!

I look forward to seeing some of your work posted here. I would go check out your other blog, but unfortunately, I don't know any French at all.

Nash said...

Well, Seemyinnergeek, no moving is planned for the next few years at the least... ;)
And, I dare to think that my current group would be a tad disapointed if I left... :P

Gavin Conway said...

Looking forward to reading up on your campaigns... i like the way you use the full spectrum of 40k games too play through campaigns... from BFG right through to Necromunda, which was a classic.. i played this with my friend when i first came out and the rules were given free in white dwarf... i always played Scavvies... loved those models too.

anyway good luck with the blog!.

Nash said...

@ Vinci76:
We currently have a Necromunda campaign going on with my group. I'm currently fielding an Delaque gang and it lost its leader during the last game... My oldest ganger just took up the role, but having lost my leader's material to those pesky Orlocks and being forced to roll to see if I keep my territories may place me in a really bad position this far in the campaign...

=====

I intend to post a few Necromunda and Space Hulk scenarii in the future. But I'll have to "clean up" my notes, translate the result into english and add a few scematics first...